Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm back!

Just got back from vacay and feeling like I need a whole other vacation.  Can anybody else relate?  Because I'm feeling like an old lady right now at the ripe age of twenty one.

We did SO much walking and I have the gigantic blister to prove it.  But we also had such a good time.  Jon, that cute ginger husband of mine, barely gets to take leave from his super important (...not) Army job so we took the opportunity to get away for a few days and ran with it!

Pictures to come tonight :-)


Now it's back to the ol' grindstone.

Not sure if I've ever said this here on MHIAH, but I'm a contract employee at our garrison's education center.  Living overseas with the Army doesn't leave many employment options so it's a much better opportunity than working at Burger King, but boy is it a weird world.

Contractors aren't necessarily permanent employees, they rely on contracts being continuously renewed by the U.S. government, and right now isn't the best time fiscally for that to happen.  Like, my company's contract is up in...oh...nine days and we still have no word on if any of us will be able to work at all after next Wednesday.

It's like job roulette.  Not a very fun game to be playing if you ask me, but Jon and I are staying hopeful and employing positive thinking for the likelihood of my paychecks stopping next month.

If you have love, positivity or prayers to share, we'll take 'em.

Thanks, mis amigos.
All the love.



No comments:

Post a Comment