Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Too long, I know.

It's been a month since my last post.  Which doesn't meet my original goal when starting this blog of at least one post a week.  Sadly though, I see the blogging reminder and just casually put it off to the back of my to-do list, the to-do list that's been getting harder and harder to check stuff off on...

Today I believe God's really trying to have a "come to Jesus meeting" with me (oh, the irony!).
I had a more than sufficient wake-up call the other day as to how my relationship with God is doing.  And let me tell you that it's not well.  When God and I are not close, when I've been too casually ignoring that MOST important relationship in my life, my worries take over, my anxiety enjoys its control and my pessimism clouds any light I might see.  I too easily forget the scripture that God planted in my heart since childhood, "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

So here I sit, a puppy curled on my feet and a glass of a weird but delicious German multi-vitamin drink, getting ready to listen to a sermon from an amazing church.  I am so blessed to be able to access these sermon's online; there's only one church on post here that we haven't been to yet and a Baptist church almost an hour away, so "going" to church on the interwebz is pretty awesome.  Here's the link:  The Well Community - Sermons

God's also shown me some other amazing Christian web resources.  I don't know about anyone else, but I've developed a love for reading blogs (cooking blogs, Christian blogs, life blogs, whatever).  They're such a personal and candid method for sharing information, I'm totally loving it.  Here's some good ones I found just this morning:
Jump Tandem
The Gypsy Mama
Faith Barista
(in)Courage


Some daily life tid-bits:

I finally finished painting the kitchen wall!



You can't much tell in the picture, but it is green on green stripes.  The lighter green is just so light, but thankfully free from the Self-Help office on post!  The other green was mixed from two different colors that I got at an off-post store called Poco.
And shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the top two stripes are almost half an inch bigger than the others stripes.  It was either that or have a random two inches of light green at the top, and that was definitely a no-go.
Annnnnnnnnnd I'm never painting stripes again!  I need a little too much perfection to exist peacefully in the world of stripes

Also, we got a grill yesterday!  It's just a charcoal grill, but boy was the hubby excited.  I, of course, had a mini freakout since the 89euro purchase was not planned, but it was a purchase that we were planning to make anyways, and it's pretty nice; it has a little side table and even a second rack inside the BBQ.

I'm starting school this fall!  Let's just say that I got a pretty low EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) which is mostly due to Jon being deployed (hellloooo non-taxable income!) for most of last year, so hopefully my FAFSA will get me a decent amount of financial aid.  Whether I take online or on-post classes is yet to be decided, but hopefully the hubby will be taking classes with me as well!  Crossing fingers.



Though today I seem to be being a bit introverted, I'm going to try to get up the courage to ring a neighbor's doorbell.  I'm not very good with change at all so this move has been a bit hard on my social skills, but Joshua 1:9, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment